Friday 9 September 2016

Giddy with excitement about Head Over Heels






I cannot begin to tell you how excited I am about this new sock yarn from Stylecraft! Called Head Over Heels, it's a mix of 75% superwash wool and 25% nylon. Because the  team at Stylecraft have used a finer count wool, the yarn is softer than other similar sock yarns and can be used for socks, shawls and other accessories. It would make lovely colourful baby clothes too. I think that it's a brilliant addition to the Stylecraft yarn collection and has definitely filled a gap in their range. Each yarn is named after a mountain - Kilimanjaro, Matterhorn and Everest have short colour repeats for gorgeously stripy socks while Fuji, Olympus and Eiger have longer, more phased colour changes and stripes, so could be used both for sock and shawls.  You can find it online here for the very reasonable price of £6.49 for a 100g ball, and it will be in your local yarn shop very soon. I was lucky enough to be given a ball of each colour from Stylecraft. I was like a child in a sweet shop and didn't quite know which colour to use first! In fact, I had four projects on the needles during my recent holiday to Kos. and kept swapping between them! Pop back tomorrow - form an orderly queue, no pushing or shoving please! - and you'll be the first to see my latest sock pattern. xxx

2 comments:

PixieFoxtrot said...

Oh wow! How gorgeous! I've just looked on the Stylecraft website, there are pictures of knitted swatches of these colours: they look wonderful. Can't wait to see your first projects using Head over Heels! Olympus is my favourite, I'll be ordering some very soon!

VeggieMummy said...

They do look VERY tempting but I really mustn't buy any more sock yarn at the moment - I'm developing quite a stash! Can't wait to see your new ones. xx