Monday 27 November 2017

Little happy things


Little things that have made me happy this week:

1. Finishing my Squeezebox socks. They are really cushy with the rounds of garter stitch. I haven't written up the pattern but will do so if you'd like it.




2. Sorting through Christmas fabric in preparation for more bunting sewing.




3. Lots of lap time and cuddles with Flo. 





4. A beautiful but freezing cold morning at Parkrun on Saturday.





5. Finishing one half of my Advent calendar Granny square cushion. I still have the ends to sew in. :(




6. Keeping the traditions going by making Christmas puddings, lamb and Guinness soup and soda bread on Stir up Sunday.






7. Making a couple of notions cases as presents. 





8. Casting on a pair of pink stripy socks (I know I'm not supposed to be starting anything new...)




9. Spending a lovely evening with my friend Jules teaching her how to sew some bunting. Christmas music was played and we wore festive hats to be completely daft! But it was so much fun!





What's made you happy this week? 

10 comments:

Jane Winter said...

Hi Helen
I love your squeeze box socks.
What has made me happy? Finishing Saturday's parkun in under 30minutes for the third time in a row; and first in my age group!
I hope that all of your Christmas preparations are going well in school.

Take care

Jane

busybusybeejay said...

Donating four of my crochet blankets to a charity for refugees.

Unknown said...

Those notion cases are adorable!

VeggieMummy said...

Your socks look super squishy and cosy; perfect for this cold weather. I love your notions' pouches too. Looks like you had fun with your friend. Seeing both of my daughters at the weekend made me very happy. xx

snoopydogknits said...

Love the socks! xx

Beznarf27 said...

Yes please on the garter squishy socks :)

Lynne said...

My goodness, you've been busy! Loving your socks and the blanket.

amelia said...

I would love the pattern to the squeeze box socks as well please!

Unknown said...

Can't wait for the squeeze box socks. I have yarn ready and waiting.

Heather said...

I'd also like the pattern to the squeeze box socks when you have time to write it up.