To celebrate the start of the school holidays, I took a sewing class last Friday. The class was about sewing an Oxford cushion cover, and as you know, I'm quite partial to cushions. I learnt a new technique for hiding a zip, and also how to make the easily recognisable flat edge of the Oxford cushion. (I wonder why it's called that?) The fabric choices were all plain, so I went for a light colour and plan to embellish it in some way. Not too sure how easy it will be to do as it's all stitched together now. It might mean some of the decorations have to be hand sewn!
Of course, that made whet my appetite for making more cushions, so yesterday I sewed another Contact Print Cushion. I used some squares from a pack of Kaffe Fassett prints and a gorgeous deep blue for the contrast.
I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. I used a variegated quilting thread in blues and purples which looks quite pretty. Miss Flo loves it too (naturally) - she was fast asleep when I went outside to take photos but her cushion detection skills are obviously very sensitive!!