Tuesday 10 May 2016

There's no such thing as too many cushions!


The Great British Sewing Bee returns to our screens next week and I cannot wait! Although I have only made one top for myself so far, I love using my sewing machine and with each project I make, I learn something new or do something a little better than the previous time. I am looking forward to finding out more about this year's contestants and predicting the garment of the week! At the moment, I am rather obsessed with sewing cushions. I made another Contact Print cushion at the weekend. I used a mini charm pack from Moda again and backed it with a floral print fabric. It was a gorgeous weekend here, so the both cushions went into use on the bench in the garden. You can guess who went for a closer look, can't you?!


Contact Print cushion no2 (3)

Contact Print cushion no2 (2)

Contact Print cushion no2 (6)


I plan on sewing some more of these as presents, but making my own charm squares, so I have just ordered a template from The Cotton Patch to make it easy. It probably won't come as any surprise to you that I have started a fabric stash, so I will be rummaging through scraps to pick out various prints. We are running out of sofa space with all the cushions I have made! Here they all are - which one's your favourite?! Back soon with yarn-related goings on! xxx


cushion fest

5 comments:

VeggieMummy said...

Ooh, it's too difficult to choose a favourite; they're all gorgeous. Hurray for the return of The Great British Sewing Bee. Strangely, I was just wondering when it would come back yesterday. The last series was the first one that I have watched, but I was hooked. My husband would disagree with the title of your post - he's always throwing ours off the sofa before sitting down! Hugs to Flo. xx

Bridget said...

Oh wow, I love those cushions! I may have to try making some myself. :-)

Claire said...

Love em all ... :)

Lynne said...

The new cushions are brilliant. I'm guessing that Flo thinks she is "quality control"!!

Judy said...

Love them all, but I think the cushion in the center is my VERY favorite.