Wednesday 8 April 2015

Wall to wall sunshine


I know, it's getting a bit boring isn't it, all this sunny weather?! We had a lazy morning in Port Isaac before driving down to Watergate Bay. This area is very popular with surfers. Mr JK and I are not part of the water sports fraternity - we were there for lunch at Jamie Oliver's Fifteen Cornwall. Before going in to eat, we took a look at the beach. There were loads of surfers and body boarders as well as people playing games, flying kites and just relaxing in the sun.


Cornwall 2015 day 6 (2)

Cornwall 2015 day 6 (13)

Cornwall 2015 day 6 (6) 

Cornwall 2015 day 6 (11)


Our lunch was absolutely delicious and I can share our desserts with you. While Mr JK tucked into vanilla panna cotta with spiced plums and pine nut crumble, I polished off rhubarb and cinnamon cake with toffee sauce and clotted cream. Yum yum!


Fifteen Cornwall desserts


After lunch we had a quick stop off at Trerice, a National Trust property. It's a lovely Tudor house and has lots of hands on things for kids (and adults!) to have a go at.


Cornwall 2015 day 6 (20)

Cornwall 2015 day 6 (24)


Before I go, I promised you some knitting! Here are the stripy socks I started knitting last week when I was in Devon teaching my friend how to knit socks. They are very bright and colourful, I may have to knit myself another pair very soon! xxx


wide stripy socks  (4)

5 comments:

snoopydogknits said...

The photos are wonderful, especially of that panna cotta. Yum! Yum! LOVE the socks. I may need some of that yarn ;-) Enjoy the rest of your week. Rosx

Helsie said...

Lovely weather !

Unknown said...

Cute socks :)

alice said...

Loving the sunshine pictures. Awesome socks.

knittingsandwich said...

oh those desserts look so delicious!
and your socks turned out super fun and stripy!
-melissa