Tuesday 24 December 2013

Merry Christmas!


Christmas Eve 001


It's Christmas Eve and the house is filled with the delicious aroma of pork roasting in the oven. We always eat the same meal on Christmas Eve - roast pork, sauerkraut and potato dumplings, as that was what Mr JK ate with his family as they celebrated together. It's nice to be able to keep this German family tradition going. My aim will be to try and only eat one piece of crackling!! I do love it but it's terribly bad for you!
 
I made a couple of jars of lemon curd yesterday - one for us and one as a gift. I used Delia's recipe, it's nice and simple and quick to make. Perhaps I shall taste it later this afternoon with a hot buttered crumpet. Now there's a good idea!
 
 
Christmas Eve 002


I received a lovely package from Marianne yesterday. We did a fun Christmas ornament swap, and I was lucky enough to receive a painted wooden decoration and some dark chocolate candied orange slices (from Marianne's recent trip to Bruges) and the most delightful crocheted tape measure.  I cannot tell you how much I love it! (Unfortunately Miss Flo has taken a fancy to it, but more of that in a minute!) Here, see for yourself! (I love the gold spotty tissue paper too, don't you?!)
 
 
swap with Marianne (2)

swap with Marianne (1)


Mr JK and I were out last night, and when we returned home, we were met with a variety of knitted items strewn about the living room. Flo had obviously been bored and decided to go for a rummage in my knitting bags. Not only did she drag my little baby sock across the room, but she also ferreted deeper and dug out a finished sock that I have been test knitting!! To cap it all, she had been in the study and stolen my tape measure from my desk!  Naughty cat!
 
 
Flo amuses herself (2)
 
 
 
Merry Christmas to you, I hope you have a wonderful day surrounded by your loved ones. Don't forget to leave something out for Santa tonight. I think he's going to be getting a slice of stollen from us, not too sure about the drink yet!! See you later in the week. xxx

5 comments:

Lynne said...

Mmm, roast pork. That's making me hungry! Flo is such a rascal, maybe Santa will bring her something to play with so she stays away from your knitting!

Kathy said...

A wonderful Christmas to you and Mr Woolly and Flo too xxx

lemonade kitty said...

Mmmmm home made lemon curd.... warmest christmas wishes x

Anonymous said...

happiest of christmases to you ms. kitten!!

oh that naughty flo, she could hand out with luna, who chewed up a christmas present while we were out last night! (luckily she only destroyed the box, the contents were fine!)

i hope you are having a wonderful day!!!
-melissa

Celia said...

Happy Belated Christmas! It looks like a trail of yarny clues to the culprit kitty.