Saturday 27 June 2009

Ribbit, ribbit!

Going........

yarn stash1 029

Going........

frogged Silk Garden cardigan 002

Gone!

frogged Silk Garden cardigan 004

I've finally frogged my Silk Garden cardigan. It was the first big thing I made when I started knitting again, but has hardly been worn. It was way too big and looked pretty awful. I need to stop always going for the biggest size now that I've lost weight! I love the colours in this, so it seemed crazy to just have it sitting there. After all, Silk garden isn't exactly cheap! It's ready and waiting to be reknitted. I have a couple of different patterns in mind, having scoured Ravelry for a few weeks. I'll let you know which one I choose.

I've got 2 pairs of socks on the go too! These are extra to my Sock Challenge pairs. The first is using my Zauberball. I've been desperate to start knitting this, but have been trying to find a pattern to show off the beauty of the yarn, without detracting from it. I've finally settled on RPM, from Knitty Summer 2006. It's knitting up pretty well, and I'm almost at the heel. The pattern leaves it for the knitter to decide on the heel and toe used. I really should have another go at my short rows. Decisions, decisions! This is what it looks like so far..........

Spinning around WIP 005

The photo doesn't really do justice to the vividness of the colours. This colourway is Fuchsienbeet, and it just glows!

My second pair of socks is my usual Violet Green sock generator pattern, for a good friend in Germany. I've already made Andrea a pair of Monkey socks, and these are for her husband, Wolfgang. We'll be staying with them during the summer when we are travelling round Germany. I'm using a Regia yarn, one of the Kaffe Fassett stripy ones. I hope he will like them! They haven't progressed very far, as I only pick them up in odd minutes at work, during the lunchtime.

Wolfgang's stripy socks WIP 001

Nearly the end of June, and time to think about my July Sock Challenge socks. The yarn lined up is Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock Multi in Desert Flower. Mr Josiekitten gave it to me for Valentine's day 2008! I've narrowed my pattern choice down to one of three. You'll just have to call back soon to see which I choose!

1 comment:

snoopydogknits said...

WOW! The Zauberball socks look really fabulous! That's a great pattern for showing off the colours. Can't wait to see them finished. I'm still struggling along with my June challenge socks. Think they might be late!