Monday 15 December 2008

A squishy birthday!

It was my birthday last week, and I had some lovely presents. I still have them spread out, where I can gaze at them, and squish at regular intervals! I was given a copy of Victorian Lace Today, a book I have drooled over for some considerable time. The photos in the book are wonderful, and I shall try to find an 'easy' project to get me started. I have a skein of Posh laceweight yarn, all ready and waiting. I also now own a pair of sock blockers, so no more wrinkles for me! I was also given some Knitpicks cable needles, so I may be tempted to join in the Vivian Knitalong on the Angel Yarns forum. Two things scare me about this pattern - the zip, and how to lengthen the body and arms with all that cabling.

Three absolutely scrummy skeins of sock yarn .........................


And these cute labels to sew onto my finished woolly gifts.....

As you can see, I was thoroughly spoilt! Thank you very much!
Things have been very slow on the knitting front. School is very hectic, with much singing of carols and travelling to Bethlehem! And as I am responsible for the music in the school, I don't have time to breathe, let alone knit! I've finished my Christmas washcloths, and a scarf, and just need to make Mr Josiekitten a hat and scarf by Christmas day. Otherwise he'll be getting the yarn wrapped up! I can't wait for the holidays - only 4 more gettings up! Two weeks of knitting time! I hope to finish my Haven scarf, and also the Salsa cropped cardigan that has been on the needles for far too long. I'd also like to have another bash at Monkeys socks, making them bigger. Roll on Friday!!

2 comments:

snoopydogknits said...

WOW! You were thoroughly spoiled josiekitten. What fab gifts! You have some very kind friends. Yes, I agree.....only FOUR more sleeps 'til the hols. Can't wait! We went to Bethlehem and back many times this afternoon and jingled our bells more times times than I care to remember. Parties tomoz, so have spent my 'knitting time'wrapping 'pass the parcel' etc. Glad you enjoyed your birthday!

Viknits said...

Oooh Happy Birthday (belated)! Hope you had a lovely day, your squishy pressies are gorgeous, and VLT is wonderful - hpoe you enjoy it :)